Friday 28 September 2012

Tuban East Java Day 8


TUBAN EAST JAVA DAY 8

The prayer from the minaret is unreasonable, started once again at 4 o’clock and kept on for a time long enough to definitely wakes me up. At least the temperature is nice at that time of the day and we had also planned to go the market at 6. When we were going to the market I realised that the transport was by motorbike, without a helmet. On a small road trafficked with a massive mix of pedestrians, bikes, motorbikes, cars and trucks.  I could not believe it; I never use my bicycle without a helmet in Sweden, under conditions not comparable to this. But I had to accept the fact and there was no problem to survive the 3 km to the market. The visit was nice and I also survived the 3 km back to our village. We spent the rest of our stay talking and looking at all the fabrics. I bought some fabrics and cotton yarns and I also got some of their own cultivated cotton. While the other studied old fabrics and patterns I had an English lesson with the small girls at the centre, we had a nice and funny time together before we had to leave the village. In the afternoon we went back to the beautiful house in Tuban and we had the time to take a walk to the city centre of Tuban before we had to go to bed. 









No comments:

Post a Comment